Friday, February 12, 2010

Redemption 87 live @ Gilman St. photos



These photos of Redemption 87 were taken at Gilman Street by Elizabeth Reilly. I’m not sure of the exact year but I am guessing it was somewhere between 1995 and 1996 (note the Black Fork tag). Especially given the time frame, these are definitely some of the best pictures that I’ve seen, both of the band and from that era.

Seeing Redemption 87 live was always an experience, Eric was a total madman on stage and the crowd reactions were usually equally insane. Their shows had a major impact on me as a kid, and that band was probably a big reason as to why I kept coming back for more. In my opinion, Redemption 87 was hands down, one of the best bands to ever come out of Northern California (Hardcore or otherwise). I plan on doing more Redemption-related posts in the very near future, but until then enjoy these amazing photos. Special thanks to Elizabeth Reilly for taking these pictures, hopefully she doesn’t mind my posting them.

2 comments: