Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Post

I wanted to start a blog with the goal of posting widely unavailable, out of print and under-appreciated Hardcore music from where I grew up, Northern California. When I started going to Punk and Hardcore shows as a teen in the mid 1990’s, all I knew was that I was a pissed off kid looking for an outlet. What I realized later was that I was extremely fortunate to have witnessed and been a part of scene that produced some of the best and most underrated music of the era.

Places like New York and Boston have almost always been synonymous with producing ‘good’ Hardcore, but I’d like to think that Northern California can hold its own. Bands like Redemption 87, Second Coming, Powerhouse and the Hoods helped revive the scene back in the mid 90’s and in the following years, numerous bands helped to carry and pass the torch. Ideally, this blog will expose people to some good music that has otherwise been lost over the years. In addition to uploading music, I’m also planning on posting photos, flyers, videos and interviews. Hopefully you guys enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment