Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hoods - Endless Pain


Sorry for the lack of posts lately, school and exams have been keeping me pretty busy this week… the blog will be back on track by the weekend though. Hopefully this post will tide you guys over in the meantime.

Mikey was nice enough (thanks again Mikey) to give me permission to post the older/out of print Hoods material here on the blog, so without further due here is “Endless Pain”. Originally released through Stillborn Records, this EP is pretty much what I would consider to be a classic Hardcore record. This 7-song EP was recorded back in 1998 at Matt Erich’s studio in Sacramento, the bands line-up at the time consisted of Mikey, Ben, Mario and Jeremy (definitely my favorite Hoods line-up).

It might be considered somewhat low-budget sounding by today’s standards, but honestly I love the production on this record. I think that Matt Erich always did a great job of capturing the band’s sound and this record is no exception. Hoods were really starting to get a lot heavier around the time and you can definitely hear the growth since the “New Blood” record. Next to the “Alone” EP, this is probably my favorite Hoods release.

Sort of a side note, but the title track ”Endless Pain” appears on the “Alone” EP as well as the “California Hardcore: A Call to Arms” comp, and some of these songs were also later re-recorded for the Above This World album. I would hope that most of the local Bay Area heads probably own this one already, but for those that somehow missed out, here it is. Definitelly an underrated classic in my opinion, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Download

1 comment:

  1. One of the best EP's of all time. I was just about to upload it to my blog. So good. Alone may be more of a favorite of mine, but endless pain rules just as much.

    ReplyDelete